Cross Country Running
Although we’re a small school, we field an impressive cross-country running team. Coached by Morgan Lake Adams, team members compete in local Western Maine Conference (WMC) high school meets, as well as Regional and State meets. Here are a few highlights of our recent successes:
- 2019: Boys Class C State Champs, Boys Class C Regional Champs, Girls Class C State Runner up, Girls Class C Regional Champs, Olivia Reynolds, Three-peat Girls Class C Individual State Champ, Three-peat Girls Class C Regional Champ
- 2018: Boys Class C State Champs, Boys Class C Regional Champs, Girls Class C Regional Runner up, Olivia Reynolds, Repeat Girls Class C Individual State Champ & Repeat Girls Class C Regional Champ
- 2017: Boys Class C State Runner Up, Boys Class C Regional Champs, Girls Class C Regional Runner up, Olivia Reynolds, Girls Class C Individual State Champ & Girls Class C Regional Champ,
- 2016: Boys Class C State Runner-up, Boys Class C Regional Champs
- 2014: Boys Class C State Champs, Girls in Top 10
- 2013: Both Boys and Girls, Top 10 Class C State Championships
- 2010 and 2011: Girls Class C State Champs
"The Little School that Skis Big"
The phrase above has been used to describe our Nordic ski team who benefited for many years from practicing at Pineland Farms, one of the best cross-country ski venues in Maine. Coached by John Tarling, a top masters skier in the Maine Nordic community and twice named as the Portland Press Herald's Coach of the Year and Assistant Coach Sam Kapala, our girls’ team has won the Class C State Championships for seven years running and the boys team for five!
2018 Class B Nordic State Race Highlights
Girls Class B State Runners Up!
Boys Class B State Runners Up!
Nick Neveu places 3rd in Classic race and 1st in Skate race!
Olivia Skillings takes 2nd in both the Classic and Skate races!
2018 was the first year Maine Coast Waldorf participated in Class B.
2017 was the 5th consecutive year for the boys as state champions and the 7th consecutive year for the girls as Class C Nordic state champions!
At Maine Coast, we take our frisbee seriously. Coached by Rich Young, president of Maine Ultimate, our co-ed team is on the cutting edge of this growing sport.
In Ultimate, team members make their own calls, relying on close cooperation between players on both sides rather than on referees. This cooperative element of the game, combined with its hard-playing style, makes it a good fit for our school, where sportsmanship and athleticism go hand-in-hand.
Our Ultimate team has been the proud recipient of multiple Spirit Awards for good sportsmanship over the past few years.
View our blog for updated news and schedules.