Everything You Need to Know about Applying to Maine Coast Waldorf School
Our application process is simple and personal:
- Call or email our Admissions Director, Lyn Baird, to discuss ways to learn more about our high school: 207-865-3900, ext. 103, or email [email protected]. We offer tours and class observations for parents on a regular basis. All prospective students are invited to visit for a day to experience the curriculum and culture of the school. Student visits can be arranged before a family formally begins an admissions process.
- If you decide to apply for admission, you can request that we send you a copy of our admissions packet or you can download the application forms below. We encourage applications by February 8, 2019 for admission in September, 2019, but will consider later applications as space permits. We will also consider mid-year admission if space permits.
- We request two applications forms: one is completed by the parent and the other is completed by the student. Mail these completed forms, along with the $40 application fee to: Admissions Office, Maine Coast Waldorf School, 57 Desert Road, Freeport, ME 04032.
- Give the Request for Copy of Educational Records form to your current school.
- Give the Teacher Recommendation form to two teachers who have taught you recently and ask them to submit the recommendations directly to the Admissions Office.
- Give the Personal Recommendation form to someone who knows you well (not one of your teachers) and ask this person to submit the recommendation directly to the Admissions Office.
- When we have received all of the above forms, we will contact you to schedule a student and parent interview with high school teachers.
- You will hear a decision from us within a few weeks of completing all of the above steps.
High School Admissions Application Forms
Our forms are currently being revised. Please contact the admissions office for more information about applying for the 2019-20 school year.
Please contact Lyn Baird, Admissions Director, if you have any questions about the admissions process: 207-865-3900, Ext. 103, or email [email protected].