Our Admissions office is open and we are now completing our admissions processes remotely!
We enjoy introducing Maine Coast Waldorf School to prospective students and their families. While parent tours and student visits are by far the best way to experience our school, due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are now completing our admissions processes remotely.
Our admissions office is open daily, and we are responding to all emails and voice messages. To begin a conversation about the school and whether it could be right for your child, please fill out an online inquiry, email [email protected], or leave a voice message at 207-865-3900, Ext.103.
Our application process is a series of simple steps, and we are here to help every step of the way. We can't wait to get to know you!
Greetings from the Admissions Director!
I discovered Waldorf education in 1990 when I was exploring pre-school options for my two children. I remember how delighted I was to find a school such as this!
Now, in my role as Admissions Director, I have the privilege of helping prospective families learn more about Maine Coast Waldorf School and decide whether it is the right choice for them.
I encourage you to explore our website for a glimpse into the life of our school. I also invite you to visit our campuses and observe our classrooms for a firsthand experience of the beauty and depth of Waldorf education. We welcome elementary and high school students to join us for as many as three days to get a holistic understanding of our school life.
We look forward to meeting you, answering your questions, and helping your family through our application process.
How to Apply
Welcome to Maine Coast Waldorf School! We accept applications throughout the year.
We seek students with diverse abilities and backgrounds who will benefit from Maine Coast Waldorf School’s unique educational approach and who will value the personal and social benefits of attending a small school.
We do our best to offer applicants an authentic experience of what it would be like to attend our school. Students at the elementary and high school level often spend several days with us when applying so that they can get a true feel for the Maine Coast experience. Our current students help integrate new classmates at Maine Coast—there is no “getting lost in the shuffle” or “hiding in plain sight” here—and that extends to visiting students too.
Maine Coast Waldorf School considers applicants for admission without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and national or ethnic origin. We welcome inquiries and applications throughout the year and, space permitting, are open to the possibility of a new student enrolling at any grade level in our early childhood through high school program. We encourage families who find the cost of tuition beyond their means to consider applying for an adjusted tuition amount (read more at Tiered Tuition).
Please contact Lyn Baird, our Admissions Director, at 207-865-3900, Ext. 103 or email [email protected] if you would like an admissions packet or if you have any questions.
We look forward to getting to know you and your child.
Good to Know
- We offer Admissions Events (information sessions, tours, open houses, and class observations) throughout the year. These provide an ideal opportunity to visit our campuses and meet our students and teachers (see Admissions Events Calendar for a schedule).
- We sponsor public talks on topics related to Waldorf education and invite prospective applicants and their families to attend student performances and seasonal celebrations as a way of getting to know more about our school community (see our Events Calendar).
- We accept applications throughout the year, and are open to the possibility of mid-year admission.
- Families whose applications for September admission are complete by February 8th can expect an admission decision by mid-March. (Applications are considered complete when all of the steps in the admission process are accomplished.)
- Students applying for first grade must be six by May 31. We screen all first grade applicants for school readiness.
- When a student transfers from another school, class placement depends on the child’s age and academic, developmental, and social progress.
- Siblings of current students and alumni are given priority in admissions decisions whenever possible.
- Maine Coast Waldorf School is a full member of:
- Maine Coast Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational programs, hiring, self-government, admissions, financial aid and all other school-related activities.
Maine Coast Waldorf School’s Admissions Office is housed in the newly renovated Community Hall on our campus at 57 Desert Road, Freeport. Please contact Lyn Baird, our admissions director at 207-865-3900, Ext. 103 or [email protected] to request application packets, register for an Admissions Event, schedule a visit, or ask any questions you may have about Maine Coast Waldorf School.