Welcome to Maine Coast Waldorf School!
Our students have diverse abilities, backgrounds, and gifts, and they thrive within Maine Coast Waldorf School’s unique educational approach. We welcome students and families who value the personal and social benefits of attending a small school.
MCWS is designed to give Maine families a full, rich educational experience, from Pre-K through High School. We believe students learn best in an unhurried, authentic environment. Here academic rigor meets the natural process of becoming where curiosity and wonder grow into independent thinking, creativity, social responsibility, and success.
We invite and encourage all to apply. Through the admissions process we provide an authentic introduction to what it would be like to attend our school. Students at the elementary and high school levels often spend several days with us so that they can get a true feel for the Maine Coast experience. Our current students help integrate new classmates at Maine Coast—there is no “getting lost in the shuffle” or “hiding in plain sight” here—and that extends to visiting students.
Impact • Meaning • Success
Waldorf Students Are educated to thrive, learn, and succeed in their lives
We seek students with diverse abilities and backgrounds who will benefit from Maine Coast Waldorf School’s unique educational approach and who will value the personal and social benefits of attending a small school.
We do our best to offer applicants an authentic experience of what it would be like to attend our school. Students at the elementary and high school level often spend several days with us when applying so that they can get a true feel for the Maine Coast experience. Our current students help integrate new classmates at Maine Coast—there is no “getting lost in the shuffle” or “hiding in plain sight” here—and that extends to visiting students too.
Maine Coast Waldorf School considers applicants for admission without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and national or ethnic origin.
Please contact Admissions at 207-865-3900, Ext. 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and start your admissions process.
We look forward to getting to know you and your child.
Please fill out these forms and submit with your child's application materials. Return to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions Process & Flow
You've taken a good look at Maine Coast Waldorf School, and it's time to explore the application process. Here are your next steps:
- If you are ready, you can begin the application process by applying online.
- Or you can send us an inquiry form first.
- You'll receive a response from our Admissions Team next.
- They will invite you to have a tour and visit classrooms and
- Discuss the needs of your student(s) and family to see if there is a good fit, answer any MCWS-specific questions and any Waldorf education questions you may have, then
- During your tour and visit, you'll meet MCWS teachers, parents, and families which will give you a greater sense of belonging to the school community.
- Our Admissions Team will walk you through the admissions & application process.
- Student applicants to grades 1-12 will be invited to spend time on campus and attend classes, meet teachers, students, and get familiar with school flow.
- When you submit your application materials, you'll have an opportunity to discuss tuition and tiered tuition, (financial aid), see below.
- Application materials vary by grade level, and our team will help you in gathering necessary information.
Good to Know:
- Tiered tuition, (financial aid), is available to qualifying students. We are committed to making the MCWS experience accessible & attainable. The admissions process is structured to give you the ability to work with our team to structure your tuition agreement.
- We accept applications throughout the year, and are open to the possibility of mid-year admission.
- Families whose applications for September admission are complete by January 31st can expect an admission decision by mid-March. (Applications are considered complete when all of the steps in the admission process are accomplished.)
- Students applying for first grade must be six by May 31. We screen all first grade applicants for school readiness.
- When a student transfers from another school, class placement depends on the child’s age and academic, developmental, and social progress.
- Siblings of current students and alumni are given priority in admissions decisions whenever possible.
- Maine Coast Waldorf School is a full member of:
MCWS is thrilled to offer optional bus transportation. We have a custom route & schedule to transport students from a variety of locations! Ask for more information during your tour.